
Logan's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Logan's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!) - Buckle Up, Buttercups!
Okay, folks, let's get real. I just got back from Logan, Utah, and the mission? To scout out the best digs for a weary traveler (moi!) at, you guessed it, the Holiday Inn Express. Headline: You might actually be surprised. Expect a bit of rambling, a whole lotta honesty, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll be convinced to book. Or at least entertained.
First Impressions – The Welcome Wagon (or Lack Thereof):
Pulling up, okay, it’s a Holiday Inn Express. Don't expect the Taj Mahal. BUT, and this is where it gets interesting, the exterior was surprisingly… well-maintained. Less "generic motel" and more "clean, comfortable place to crash." My initial thought? "Alright, this might not be a disaster." (My standards are low, okay?)
Accessibility - A Mixed Bag, Let's Be Real:
- Wheelchair accessible? Yes, they seem to have it down. Ramps everywhere, accessible rooms (didn't see one, but they're listed), and elevators. Score one for inclusion!
- Accessibility is in the DNA They do a good job, a solid foundation of how they do the structure, and what to be expected.
Rooms - Where the Magic (Or Lack Thereof) Happens:
My room? Clean. Seriously, impressively clean. Like, they weren't just saying they used "anti-viral cleaning products." I actually felt safe. That’s HUGE these days.
- Air Conditioning: Worked like a charm. Crucial in the Utah heat!
- Internet: (Here's where the rambles begin!) Wi-Fi, thank the Lord! And it was FREE! (Important. Very important.) I needed to get some work done, and the connection was… acceptable. Not lightning-fast, but good enough to stream some Netflix and answer emails. Success! They offer Internet [LAN] too, if you're old school.
- The Bed: Comfortable. Not cloud-like (I'm not expecting a Four Seasons at this price point, people!). Just… a good, solid sleep. The blackout curtains were a GODSEND. Slept like a baby. A slightly caffeinated, slightly stressed-out baby, but a baby nonetheless.
- Other Room Goodies: Coffee/tea maker (essential!), mini-fridge (bonus!), and a surprisingly decent amount of storage space. They even had a desk where I almost managed to get some actual work done. There's Internet access [wireless] in every room.
- In-Room Amenities: Basic toiletries, towels, and the option to opt-out of room sanitization. (Nice touch, acknowledging we're all a bit germ-paranoid these days.)
Dining (or, Where My Expectations Were Crushed):
Okay, here’s where things get… less thrilling. Breakfast. The dreaded buffet. (I love breakfast, but buffets are a gamble.)
- Breakfast [buffet]: It was… okay. The usual suspects: scrambled eggs (a bit rubbery), sausage (slightly… questionable), and the glorious waffle maker! (That waffle maker saved the day, honestly. Perfection in circular form.)
- Breakfast takeaway service: An option for when you're in a hurry.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Yes, and readily available. Good to go!
- Restaurants: Honestly, there isn't a real restaurant in the lobby.
- Snack bar: Nope. Not there.
The lack of a real on-site restaurant, and the underwhelming breakfast, were a slight bummer. But hey, there's a coffee shop nearby, and Logan has some decent eats!
Cleanliness and Safety – The Things That Matter:
This is where the Holiday Inn Express shined. Seriously.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: I witnessed this happening. Staff were diligent.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Yep. Felt clean.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed to know what they were doing.
- Cashless payment service: A big plus in this post-COVID world.
- Hygiene certification: Check!
- Safe dining setup: I thought that was important!
Things to Do (Besides Sleep and Eat Questionable Eggs):
Look, Logan, Utah, isn’t exactly Vegas. It's more about the outdoor stuff. This isn't exactly the place to visit for the pool with view, but this hotel gives you a chance!
- Fitness center: There's a small gym. I took a peek and saw some treadmills and weights. Didn't use it (blame the waffles!).
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Outdoor pool! Always a crowd-pleaser.
- For the kids, Family/child friendly: They had little kids' toys by the pool!
Services and Conveniences – The Extras:
- Free Car park [on-site]. Always a plus.
- Daily housekeeping: My room was immaculate every day.
- Laundry service: Available.
- Elevator: Crucial!
- Facilities for disabled guests: Seems to be well-considered.
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always nice to know someone's there if you need them.
My Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:
Okay, I'm a sucker for a good hotel. Like, I’m that person. The one who will actually use the hotel's slippers, and make sure to leave a nice tip for the cleaning staff. Here’s what really stood out:
- They need to have a better grab and go situation!
- I really enjoyed the staff!
- The hotel felt safe. I was able to be productive.
The Verdict – Logan's BEST Hotel (Spoiler: Maybe):
Look, this isn't the Ritz. But for the price, the cleanliness, and the overall comfort… I was genuinely impressed. The Holiday Inn Express in Logan, Utah, offers a surprisingly solid stay. If you're looking for a clean, safe, and convenient base for exploring the area, it's definitely worth considering.
So, is it Logan’s BEST hotel? Well, considering the options, and keeping in mind my low expectations, yeah. Probably. I’d stay there again. I might even recommend it. (And that’s saying a lot!)
My Opinionated Language and Natural Pacing:
- Clean, with a capital C! – Seriously, I'd eat off the floor (not really, but you get the idea).
- Waffle maker = Godsend. – Breakfast MVP.
- The staff needs a raise. – They were genuinely helpful and friendly.
- Don’t expect gourmet dining. – Manage your expectations.
- Overall? Thumbs up! – Definitely worth considering.
THE OFFER YOU WON'T BELIEVE (BUT SHOULD):
Tired of Generic Hotels? Craving a Surprisingly Comfortable Stay in Logan?
Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Logan, Utah today! Why? Because you deserve a clean, comfortable, and safe escape.
Here’s what you get:
- Guaranteed Cleanliness: Rest easy with our top-notch sanitation protocols.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected (and stream all the Netflix you want!).
- Cozy, Well-Appointed Rooms: Your home away from home!
- Convenient Location: Explore Logan's best attractions with ease.
- Super Friendly Staff: We're here to make your stay amazing!
Limited-Time Offer: Book now and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view! (Okay, it might not be a breathtaking view, but it’s better than a parking lot!)
Don’t wait! This offer won't last! Click here [Insert Link] to book your stress-free getaway at the Holiday Inn Express in Logan, Utah!
P.S. – Seriously, try the waffle maker. Just do it. You won't regret it. (And if you do, don't tell me I didn't warn you about the eggs!)
Escape to Paradise: OYO 1064 Manado Airport Homestay Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is…well, this is my attempt at surviving the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Logan by IHG. Pray for me.
The Logan, UT Odyssey: A Journey Forged in Instant Oatmeal and Doubt
(Because let's be honest, Logan, Utah isn’t exactly Paris, but hey, it's a start.)
Day 1: Arrival, Reluctant Relaxation & the Great Laundry Disaster of 2024
1:00 PM - Arrival & Check-In at the Promised Land (or at least, the HIE): Okay, the hotel check-in…smooth. They weren't judging my travel-weary aura, which is a win. Found my room, which feels… fine. Standard hotel room. Neutral beige. No screams of joy or existential dread. Yet. I desperately needed coffee, so I started for the breakfast, BUT THEN…
1:15 PM - The Breakfast Labyrinth of Despair: First impressions of the breakfast buffet were… underwhelming. The fruit looked like it had seen better days. The scrambled eggs were a suspicious shade of yellow. The sausage patties seemed to silently judge my life choices. I opted for the safe bet: Instant oatmeal. Hey, it's warm, it's vaguely filling, and it's… something. This whole breakfast situation is making me question my life decisions. But hey, I'm here… right?
2:30 PM - Laundry Fiasco: I tried to wash a load of clothes. Big. Mistake. The machine ate my quarters, spit out some sad, lukewarm water, and left me with a pile of damp, slightly soapy clothes. The laundry room was a desolate wasteland of half-folded underwear and the ghosts of lost socks. I am now contemplating hand-washing. This is not how I envisioned my "relaxing" trip.
4:00 PM - Attempted Relaxation & the Unbearable Silence: Back in the room. Tried to relax. Read a few pages of my book. But the silence…it’s crushing. It’s the kind of silence that makes you hear the faint hum of the mini-fridge and the distant chirping of a fire alarm that doesn't exist. I turned on the TV, but even reruns of "Judge Judy" felt…uninspiring. I NEED PEOPLE. Or at least, the background noise of people.
6:00 PM - Dinner: The Search for Edible Sustenance: Okay, dinner. I googled "restaurants near Holiday Inn Express Logan." The options…were diverse. (Translation: Lots of chain restaurants and some places with questionable names.) I picked the closest thing to "local," with a decent rating, and I had a burger. It was fine. It filled a hole. I swear, I think I saw a tumbleweed blow past the window. It was a sign of the adventure, of the wild west (kinda).
7:30 PM - Back to the Room, Contemplating my Life Choices: Back in the room. Staring at the beige. Considering ordering pizza. Trying to remember why I thought this trip was a good idea. My brain is a jumbled mess of laundry woes and the taste of uninspired burger.
8:00 PM - The Shower of Hope: I took a shower. It was hot. This raised my spirits a whole lot.
Day 2: Logan Canyon, (Kind of) Beautiful Nature, and the Persistent Pursuit of Entertainment
8.00 AM - the Breakfast buffet… AGAIN: I am not sure how I am going to make it through this morning's breakfast buffet. I think I'll double down on the oatmeal this time, which it went through, just like before, as the best decision,
9:00 AM - Nature?? I decided to drive up Logan Canyon. The views are pretty nice. There are some beautiful vistas and the air smells good, like pine. I even saw a deer! (Okay, it was probably just a suburban deer used to humans, but still! Nature!) This is where I get to have some moments and just be.
1:00 PM - Back to the hotel, where I attempted to make friends again: It didn't go too well, but I am getting over the awkwardness.
6:00 PM - Dinner: Tonight, I had some pizza in the room. I am getting more comfortable,
8:00 PM - bed: I watched some TV and called it a night.
Day 3: Departure & the Lingering Scent of Breakfast Sausage
8:00 AM - the Breakfast buffet… AGAIN: This time, I was kind of excited. I decided on the breakfast sausage and oatmeal.
10:00 AM - Departure: The final moments are happening. I don't want to leave, I do. I don't know how I feel.
Final Thoughts:
This trip wasn't exactly "Eat Pray Love," but hey, I survived. I feel like I could conquer the world, or at least, the next hotel breakfast buffet. Maybe Logan, Utah, wasn't a paradise, but it gave me a chance to be alone with my thoughts, my fears, and a questionable selection of instant oatmeal. And for that, I guess… I'm grateful.
(P.S. If anyone knows how to get a stain out of a shirt, send help. Seriously.)
Unbelievable Perks Await at This Hidden Gem: Best Western Gateway Grand!
Logan's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!) - Prepare Yourselves... It's a Rollercoaster!
So, is this Holiday Inn Express in Logan, Utah *actually* the best hotel around? Seriously?!
Okay, hold your horses. "Best" is subjective, like, totally relative to your needs and what you're hoping for. Let's just say... it punches above its weight. I went in expecting beige, predictable, and maybe a slightly dodgy breakfast. I left... well, I left with a story. Did it *feel* like the Ritz? Nope. Did it feel… perfectly adequate? Also nope. It was... an experience. Let's break it down, shall we?
Let's talk rooms. What's the deal? Was it a dungeon or a dream?
Okay, the room. First impressions count, right? And honestly? It was... fine. Not Insta-worthy designer digs, mind you. Think standard Holiday Inn Express - the reliable, slightly generic cousin of luxury accommodation. The bed? Decent. Pillows? I've slept on worse; I've also slept on clouds. This was... somewhere in between. But the cleanliness... *chef's kiss*. Seriously, I'm a bit of a germaphobe (don't judge!), and I was genuinely impressed. No mystery stains, no questionable hairs... It felt *clean*. And you know, sometimes that's all you really need. I especially loved the AC, which, in Utah heat, is a lifesaver!
But here's where things get *interesting*. The bathroom. It was... compact. Like, "can barely swing a cat" compact. I'm not a big cat-swinger, but I could *feel* the limitations. And the shower? The water pressure was... let's just say, it wasn't exactly a power wash. More like a gentle caress. (Again, works in a pinch). The lighting? Fluorescent, and a little harsh. It made my face look… well, let's go with "radiant." (Insert eye roll here.)
Oh! And the view. My room faced… the parking lot. And a very utilitarian looking dumpster. Not exactly postcard material. But hey, at least it wasn't a *noisy* parking lot. Silver linings, people! Silver linings!
THE BREAKFAST! This is where things always fall apart, right? Lay it on me.
Ah, breakfast. The make-or-break moment for any hotel, isn't it? And let me tell you, this one… it was *epic*. Okay, maybe "epic" is too strong. But it was certainly… memorable. I fully admit, I had low expectations. Free hotel breakfasts are usually a gamble. But this one… Well, let's just start with the waffles.
The waffle machine. It was the centerpiece. The siren song. It was calling to me. And I heeded the call. And the waffles... *perfection*. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. I may have had three. Maybe four. I'm not judging. (And yes, I did take pictures for the 'gram. #WaffleGoals). But... the real drama started when the waffle batter ran out. Oh, the humanity! (Dramatic sigh.) There was a brief panic. A collective gasp. Children started crying. (Okay, slight exaggeration, but you could feel the disappointment). The breakfast attendants, bless their hearts, were frantically refilling. The waiting was… intense. But when the fresh batter arrived? Hallelujah! (Okay, I did not literally shout “Hallelujah”, but I felt it deep in my soul.)
Beyond the waffles, the breakfast bar offered the usual suspects: cereal, fruit (surprisingly fresh!), yogurt, and the ever-elusive scrambled eggs. Let's be honest, the scrambled eggs were the weakest link. A little… rubbery. But hey, you can’t win them all. The coffee? Bottomless. And that, my friends, is sometimes all that matters.
The Staff! Customer service can *make* or *break* a stay. Spill the tea!
This is where this Holiday Inn Express *really* shone. The staff… they were amazing. Seriously. Like, genuinely friendly, helpful, and seemed to actually *enjoy* their jobs. From check-in to check-out, everyone was warm, welcoming, and went above and beyond. I had a small issue with my room key (classic me!), and the front desk attendant sorted it out immediately, with a smile. They gave me suggestions for local restaurants, even gave me directions to the nearest pharmacy when I realized I'd forgotten my allergy medicine. (Don't be me - always pack your meds!) They are the real heroes of this place.
I'm not gonna lie, after the waffle-related experience, it was nice to feel like they cared. That makes a difference, you know? I swear, they were angels in name tags.
Alright, location, location, location! What’s the sitch?
Okay, so, location. This Holiday Inn Express is… well, it's in Logan. (Duh). And it's pretty conveniently located! Close to the main drag, lots of restaurants, and stuff. Easy access to the highway for exploring the surrounding area. You could walk to a few places but, let's face it, you're probably driving. Parking was easy and plentiful, which is always a plus. It's not *right* in the heart of downtown, but honestly, that's a good thing. Quieter, cleaner air, less traffic. It ticked the box for convenience.
Did it have a pool? A gym? Anything remotely exciting?
Yes! Yes, it did! This place had a pool and hot tub! (Cue happy dance!) After a long day of… well, whatever one does in Logan, a dip in the hot tub seemed perfect. However, I also discovered *I* could not go to the hot tub because of some dumb health issues. Sadly, I had to skip that whole adventure. There was also a small gym, which I, in all my waffle-induced glory, did not visit. But hey, the *possibility* was there. There were vending machines which I did in fact use. They worked. And that's all I have to say about that.