
Meridiana 2 Apartments Croatia: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Meridiana 2 Apartments Croatia: My Dream…or Just A Vacation? A Review (with a Few Side Tangents)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Meridiana 2 Apartments in Croatia, and let me tell you, this is not your average, sterile hotel review. Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, because honestly, the whole experience was… well, let's just say it was something.
Let's Start with this Dreamy Promise: "Your Dream Vacation Awaits!" Okay, Meridiana. Bold words. Dreamy, huh? More like… vacation-ish. We'll get to the dream part (or lack thereof) soon enough. But first, the basics, and then, the real stuff.
Accessibility? Mostly a Thumbs Up, but…
They say they cater to everyone. Wheelchair accessible is on the list, which is fantastic. They do have an elevator, which is a godsend, because hauling luggage up stairs after a flight? No thanks. They also boast facilities for disabled guests. But honestly, I didn’t dig deep enough to verify every single nook and cranny, because, you know, vacation mode. So while I’m pretty sure they’re trying, maybe do a bit more investigation if full accessibility is key.
Internet – Praise the Wi-Fi Gods!
Praise be to the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and the Wi-Fi in public areas. You'd think this is a given these days, but trust me, you've been to places where Wi-Fi is as reliable as a politician's promise. Here, it was solid. I could actually upload those embarrassing vacation photos (you know the ones). Internet Access, Internet [LAN] and Internet services are all mentioned which is good. You could also find Wi-Fi for special events if you are planning a big one.
Cleanliness and Safety: The New Normal (or Trying to Be)
Okay, COVID times, right? Meridiana kind of gets it. Kudos to the Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer strategically placed (though sometimes empty, let's be real), and the Anti-viral cleaning products. They even brag about Room sanitization opt-out available, which is nice if you're feeling particularly germophobic. The real test? That little note they left in the room stating "rooms sanitised between stays" - are they? Who knows?
The Staff trained in safety protocol, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Safe dining setup are reassuring. Individually-wrapped food options… well, they tried. It felt a bit like eating in a slightly paranoid sci-fi movie, but at least they were making an effort. Don't expect a perfect score. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Hmmm… maybe in the hallways? The Cashless payment service was super convenient, though!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Mixed Bag
Breakfast was included, listed as Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, I’d call it a well-stocked spread. Think yogurt, fruit, some pastries (the croissants were surprisingly decent), and a selection of… well, let's call it "European-ish" fare. Western Breakfast was definitely on offer but Asian breakfast, no such luck…or, at least, not that I saw. There were Coffee/tea in restaurant!
They had Restaurants (plural!), and a Poolside bar, which was clutch. A la carte in restaurant was available, but I leaned more towards the buffet, because, vacation, baby! Don't expect Michelin star standards, but it's definitely perfectly edible which is all that matters.
Happy hour. Yes! Poolside bar, a welcome addition, especially after a long day of… well, vacationing. My favorite Desserts in restaurant here, was truly a highlight. Desserts in restaurant.
Room Service [24-hour]? Yes, blessedly. Because sometimes you just don't want to get dressed.
Things to Do? Plenty, But Not Always Perfect…
They got a Swimming pool [outdoor], and a Pool with view. Which is lovely. It was clean, and the view? Gorgeous. And the Sauna and Spa/sauna, the latter being a real selling point, honestly. A real highlight.
Now, for the Spa, or, specifically, the Massage. This is where my "dream" started to fracture a little. I booked a massage. The spa itself was lovely, all hushed tones and flickering candles. But the massage itself? Let’s just say the therapist's definition of a "deep tissue massage" and mine were… different. Let's just say I left feeling more like she'd caressed me with feather. This is not to say that this is the same case for others, but you should probably check the recommendations as most places provide them.
Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Steamroom, these aren't my area of expertise, tbh. Fitness Center. The Fitness center was there and in reasonable condition!
Services and Conveniences: The Usual suspects… and Some Quirks
Air conditioning in public area: Check. Thank god.
Concierge: There was one, helpful, but not quite the all-knowing genius I'd hoped for.
Cash withdrawal on site. Always handy. Daily Housekeeping was spotty. Sometimes, the room was immaculate, other times… let's just say I found a rogue sock.
Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: all there. You know, the usual things.
Gift/Souvenir shop: Yes, loaded with the usual questionable Croatian trinkets. Proceed with caution.
Business facilities: ( Business facilities, Meetings, Meeting/banquet facilities, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center) they have them, but I'm on vacation, so, didn’t even poke my nose in. But good to know it's there if you need to escape the dream for a moment to do some business. Luggage storage: They hold your bags, which is essential. Elevator: mentioned before!
For the Kids:
They have a Babysitting service. (Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Kids facilities) I did not have children, so, I didn’t venture there.
Getting Around:
Airport Transfer. Car park [free of charge] - awesome!
Getting Around: Lots to do here, Car park [on-site], Car power charging station.
In-Room Amenities: The Good, the Bad, and the Extra Towels
The rooms were well maintained, listed as Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens All the basics you'd expect. The Extra long bed was a welcome touch, as was the Free bottled water. The view from the window was great.
The Bottom Line: Dream Vacation? Maybe Not. Solid Vacation? Absolutely.
So, did Meridiana 2 Apartments deliver on the promise of a "Dream Vacation"? Well… not exactly. The massage was a letdown. The cleanliness, while good, wasn't perfect. Some of the services felt a bit… generic.
But.
The location was stunning. The pool was divine. The free Wi-Fi was a lifesaver. And overall? I had a fantastic time. It was a relaxing vacation, a good place to unwind, and the staff were friendly and accommodating.
Here's my slightly biased, slightly opinionated Recommendation:
If you are looking for a solid, comfortable, and well-located base for exploring Croatia, Meridiana 2 Apartments is a great choice. If you are a demanding spa-goer with very specific massage technique preferences, maybe check around.
My Offer to You, Dear Reader (and potential Meridiana Guest):
Book your
Vietnam's Hidden River Gem: Stunning Leaf Homestay (6 Person)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is… my travel itinerary. Croatia, Apartments Meridiana 2, here we freakin' come! And let's be honest, I'm already picturing myself in a swimsuit, looking utterly fabulous, even if I'm probably a little… sunburnt.
Croatia Chaos: A Week of Sun, Sea, and Questionable Decisions (Probably Mine)
Day 1: Arrival and "Oh God, Where Did I Park?"
- Morning (ish): Flight from… let's just say a place. The airport was madness. Security lines that snaked around like a particularly grumpy garden snake. Managed to find my gate (miracle!). Ate the plane's "food" - a truly existential experience.
- Afternoon: Landed! Croatia, you gorgeous, sun-drenched beast, you! Finding the rental car was a whole saga. Picture this: me, sweat dripping, squinting at a tiny map, and a car park that had a fondness for confusing signage. Finally, finally, found the damn thing. Pretty sure I honked at someone's dog by accident. Sorry, Fido.
- Evening: Arrived at Apartments Meridiana 2. It's… charming? Okay, it's actually quite nice! Balcony with what should be an amazing sea view! (More on that later). Checked in, unpacked (sort of - I shoved everything in a general direction and called it good).
- Anecdote Alert: The owner, a sweet elderly lady, kept calling me "Sunshine". I'm pretty sure she thought I was much younger. I'm embracing it.
- Night: Dinner at a restaurant I found on some website… or maybe I found it on the whim? Maybe the restaurant was great or terrible. I had some kind of seafood pasta, the wine was… adequate. Ended up sitting next to a family of particularly loud seagulls. Tried (and failed) to take a decent photo of the sunset. It was the type of sunset that exists just to make you feel slightly inadequate as a photographer. Bedtime. I think I'll just go and enjoy the view from the balcony before bed.
Day 2: Sunburn, Sea, and the Great Ice Cream Debacle
- Morning: Woke up! The sea view! It's… blocked by a tree. A very large, lush, and leafy tree. Okay, okay, dramatic. Still, I was expecting more direct sea. First impressions are everything. Breakfast on the balcony – fruit, yogurt, and the faint smell of… something delicious baking next door.
- Afternoon: Beach time! Found a glorious little cove, turquoise water… magic. Spent too long basking in the sun. Regret setting in. Sunburn setting in… ouch. Also, the beach was deceptively pebbly. My feet are still recovering.
- Rant Time: Why are pebbly beaches a thing? They're beautiful, sure, but a massage for the soles of your feet? Not my idea of fun. Sand is where it's at!
- Evening: Ice cream! Crucial component of any seaside holiday. Found an ice cream place that claimed to have the best gelato on the coast. Ordered a triple scoop: strawberry, pistachio, and… something I couldn't quite identify (probably a health hazard, honestly). The strawberry was good. The pistachio? Divine. The unidentified flavor? Let’s just say it tasted suspiciously like… bubblegum?
- The Ice Cream Debacle Deep Dive: The bubblegum. My god. I’m not kidding. It tasted like the bubblegum that had been sitting in my childhood for years! The feeling was mixed. I loved it? I hate it? It was… an experience. I ate the whole thing. This is why I travel.
- Night: Stargazing (tried). Saw two stars and a satellite. Decided a good book was a better option. More than one thought about the bubblegum ice cream.
Day 3: Boat Trip! And the Horrors of Seagull Theft
- Morning: Boat trip booked! Excitement levels: high! Got to the harbour and… it looked promising. The sun was shining, the sea glittered, and the boat looked suitably nautical.
- Afternoon: The boat trip itself was fantastic! Swimming, sunbathing, and beautiful views of the coast. Did some snorkeling… saw some fish but mostly saw my reflection in the water through the water. It was fun but I should've brought my glasses with me.
- Anecdote Warning: Seagulls! We stopped for lunch, and I had a delicious sandwich that I got at the harbor. As I raised my sandwich one cheeky seagull swoop down and stole half of it! I was in shock! It hit me in the face, and then I had to watch in horror as the seagull ate my ham!
- Evening: Dinner. Comfort food. Regrouping after the seagull incident.
Day 4: Exploring the Old Town (and My Sense of Direction)
- Morning: Decided to be cultural! Headed to the nearest Old Town. Wandering through narrow, cobbled streets. Got completely and utterly lost. It was charming, though! The architecture was beautiful, and I'm sure I saw a cat.
- Afternoon: Found a café and treated myself to seriously overpriced coffee. People-watching. My favorite pastime!
- Evening: Found a truly amazing restaurant in the Old Town. Ordered grilled fish. So good. Felt like a real grownup… until I spilled red wine down my front.
Day 5: The Search for a Hidden Beach (and My Patience)
- Morning: Decided to find a "hidden beach" that I read about online. The directions were… vague. Ended up driving down a winding, tiny road. The road was so winding. The road was so narrow. The road was too small for comfort. My patience was being tested.
- Afternoon: Finally found the beach! It was small, secluded, and… full of other people. But the water was clear and calm and wonderful.
- Evening: Cooking some simple food back at the apartment for the night - the first time I've actually used the kitchen! Maybe.
Day 6: More Sun, More Sea, More… Everything!
- Morning: Lazy morning. Sleep is important.
- Afternoon: More boat time? More beach time? Maybe another ice cream?
- Evening: Packing? Or procrastinating? Dinner and a final glance at the sea (through the tree).
Day 7: Departure and "I'll Be Back, Croatia. Maybe."
- Morning: Reluctant packing. One last coffee on the balcony. Said goodbye to Sunshine, the owner of the apartment.
- Afternoon: The airport, the flight, and the long journey home.
- Evening: Already dreaming of bubblegum ice cream and pebbly beaches. Croatia, you beautiful, chaotic, and sometimes slightly bonkers place. I'll be back. Definitely. Maybe. (Probably, depending on my bank account).
- Post-Travel Thoughts: So, Croatia, you were an absolute rollercoaster! From bubblegum ice cream to seagull attacks, from glorious beaches to slightly confusing roads, you delivered it all. I'm exhausted. But I'm also sun-kissed, slightly wiser, and full of stories. And that, my friends, is what travel is all about. Now, where’s that bottle of wine?

Meridiana 2 Apartments Croatia: Okay, Seriously... Is This Heaven? (AKA Your Dream Vacation FAQ)
Okay, so what *exactly* are Meridiana 2 Apartments? I'm seeing a lot of… things.
Alright, buckle up, because it's more than just a building. Meridiana 2 is a collection of apartments in Croatia, specifically in... well, the brochure says "Dalmatia," which is technically correct, but that's like saying "Europe." Details, details! They *are* glorious though, I can tell you that. Think sun-drenched balconies (essential!), sparkling sea views (double essential!), and that general 'I'm-on-vacation-and-everything-is-better' vibe. You’ve got your different apartment sizes - studios for couples, bigger ones for families. Truthfully, I got a bit lost on which *specific* town they're in at first - the website wasn't *super* clear (a little constructive criticism there, Meridiana!). It's somewhere near Split, that I *do* remember. But hey, you're there for the experience, right? Not for pinpoint precision. And trust me, it's a good experience.
What's the deal with the location? Beach? Restaurants? Do I need a car?
Okay, the location. Listen, picture this: you wake up. You stumble onto your balcony, still half-asleep, and BAM! The turquoise Adriatic smacks you in the face, in the best possible way. Beach? Yes. A beautiful one. Not some pebbly, "ow, my feet!" beach either. It's more… "ahhh, soft sand, I could live here forever" kind of beach. (And trust me, I considered it.) Restaurants? Yep! I found some *amazing* little places. Expect fresh seafood, ridiculously good pasta, and wine that actually tastes like sunshine. Getting around? A car certainly helps for exploring the bigger towns, but honestly? You could probably get away without one. The immediate area is walkable, and I think there were some local buses. Though I spent most of my time on that balcony, or at the beach. Priorities, people, priorities! Speaking of priorities, make sure you try the local pastry. It’s criminally good. My husband, bless him, ate so many of them, I swear he gained five pounds just from looking at them.
The apartments themselves – Are they actually nice? Are the photos… real?
Okay, the million-dollar question. Are the photos photoshopped perfection? Look, I won't lie. The pictures *are* lovely. But the good news is they're *not* lying! Seriously. My apartment was clean, modern, and bright. The kitchen had everything I needed (coffee maker! Crucial!), and the balcony... oh, the balcony. I'm still dreaming about that balcony. Honestly, they are fantastic. I was expecting something *alright*, you know, because, let's be honest, vacation rentals can be a mixed bag. But no! Everything was *actually nice* which was a serious bonus. The bathroom was clean. The bed was comfortable. All very important details. Mine had a washing machine and a dishwasher, which was a HUGE help, especially after all that sunbathing and… well, mostly sunbathing. I did knock a wine glass over on the first night. Sorry about that, Meridiana (hopefully, they didn’t see this!)
What's the internet/Wi-Fi situation? Because, let's be real, I need to upload my Instagram stories.
Okay. Internet. Essential for documenting your perfect life, right? The Wi-Fi was… serviceable. Let's put it that way. It was there. It worked. Mostly. Sometimes I had to stand near the window to get a decent signal. Look, it's not exactly the super-fast, fiber-optic experience, but hey, you're in Croatia! Embrace the slow-down. Disconnect. *But*… if you need to upload a *whole* bunch of photos or stream Netflix… maybe download some stuff beforehand. Remember, you're on vacation. You should be looking at the sea, not your phone… unless you’re taking photos of the sea, of course. And you WILL take photos of the sea. It's mandatory.
Help! I’m traveling with kids. Is Meridiana 2 family-friendly?
I didn't have kids with me, but I *did* see a *ton* of families. I'd say absolutely yes, it is! The beach is perfect for building sandcastles and splashing around. I noticed a couple of places with some kids' play areas, too. The supermarkets were well-stocked with kid-friendly snacks. Also, honestly, the relaxed atmosphere is perfect for kids. No one is going to complain if they make some noise! I saw a lot of families with young children and they seemed completely at ease. My gut feeling? It's a win. You'll probably want to double-check if there are any specific family amenities beforehand, like cribs or high chairs. But yeah. Go for it. Your kids will love it. (And, lets be honest, so will you. Less cooking!) And if you have teenagers? Good luck. (Just kidding... mostly.)
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Is there a language barrier?
Okay, so, the staff. They were lovely. Really, genuinely friendly and helpful. English is widely spoken – no need to panic about the language barrier. (Unless you want to learn some Croatian, which you *totally* should try. Even a few basic phrases will get you a long way and they love it!) I had a small issue with the air conditioning (it’s Croatia, it gets HOT), and they were there to fix it immediately. Service with a smile? Absolutely. They gave me some great recommendations for restaurants, too. One of them was a *hidden* gem, right on the beach! I nearly missed it at first, I was too busy staring at the ocean. Seriously, they were good people. This is a big plus, you really want friendly helpful hosts, and Meridiana 2 did not disappoint. I felt welcome from the minute I arrived.
Is there anything I *didn’t* like? Be brutally honest!
Okay, brutal honesty time. This is where I have to be honest, and this is where they can actually improve. The parking situation in the area can be a bit… chaotic, at times. Street parking can be *tight* during peak season. And that slightly vague website… needs a touch-up? I had to do more research than I usually would to nail down the *exact* location, but in the end, it was completely worth it! The Wi-Fi could be a *little* stronger. And, if I'm being *completely* honest, I missed my own bed by the end of the trip. Because, you know, there's no place like home. It's probably not the luxury hotel experience. But the amazing views and location really offset any minor imperfections. Nothing that would stop me from going back in a heartbeat though.

