Tokyo's BEST Kept Secret: Citadines Central Shinjuku! ✨

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo Japan

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo Japan

Tokyo's BEST Kept Secret: Citadines Central Shinjuku! ✨

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Tokyo's "best kept secret": Citadines Central Shinjuku! ✨ Prepare yourself for a review that's less sterile hotel brochure and more, well, me. Think of it as a travel diary entry written after a few too many umeshu cocktails. Let's get messy!

(Intro: My Shinjuku Saga Begins)

First off, Shinjuku. The heart of Tokyo! Crazy, vibrant, neon-drenched – a sensory overload in the best possible way. Finding a good hotel here? Forget about it. It's a mission. And then, bam! Citadines pops up, and I'm intrigued. The name screams "chic city living," but can it deliver? Spoiler alert: it kinda did. But let's chop this up, shall we?

(Accessibility - A Surprisingly Smooth Ride)

Okay, so I'm not in a wheelchair, but I do appreciate a place that gets accessibility. Citadines? Surprisingly good! Elevator? Check. Wide corridors? Check. I saw no major hurdles. This is a BIG win in a city where cramped spaces are the norm. They've got facilities for disabled guests, which is always a massive plus. Bonus points for the elevator, which is crucial even for able-bodied folks after a day of exploring!

(Internet - More Than Just Wi-Fi, Thank Goodness!)

Alright, the internet. My lifeblood. And thank god, Citadines delivers. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the tech gods! They also have Internet access – LAN, which is a relic but hey, good to have options. Beyond that, Internet services, is good. This is crucial for someone like me, who needs to upload my Instagram stories ASAP. The Wi-Fi in public areas was also strong.

(Cleanliness and Safety - Peace of Mind in Purgatory)

Let's be real, post-pandemic, cleanliness is king. And Citadines? They get it. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. I even saw the staff using Professional-grade sanitizing services. Made my germaphobe side breathe a sigh of relief. The Hand sanitizer everywhere was a nice touch. The Hygiene certification gives that extra layer of comfort. The Staff trained in safety protocol, is essential. First aid kit and Doctor/nurse on call is a bonus. I'd say they're a good bet.

(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Adventure)

Okay, the food. This is where things get interesting. They've got Restaurants, a Coffee shop, and yes, a Bar! Crucial. You'll want a pick-me-up after navigating the Shinjuku madness or a nightcap to unwind.

  • Highlights: I loved having Breakfast [buffet] – a Western and Asian mix. Coffee/tea in restaurant at any hour. I'm very basic, I loved the Bottle of water in the room.

(Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter)

Here's where Citadines truly shines. The small things, the helpfulness, the extras.

  • The Elevator (again!): Yes, I'm mentioning the Elevator again because in a city like Tokyo, it makes a HUGE difference.
  • Concierge: Always helpful. Getting a recommendation for the best sushi place? Nailed it.
  • Daily housekeeping: Coming back to a clean, made-up room after a long day of exploring is heavenly.
  • Laundry service: Because, let's face it, laundry in Tokyo can be a pain.
  • Luggage storage: Essential for early arrivals or late departures.
  • Valet parking: If you're driving, well, welcome to the future.

(For the Kids - Family Friendly Fun)

They are Family/child friendly, with Kids facilities and a Babysitting service, I don't have kids personally, but I have to admit that it makes sense for families, this is a solid win!

(Access - The Gateway to Everything)

Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private] makes everything quicker. CCTV in common areas and Safety/security feature is good. The Front desk [24-hour] is essential.

(Getting Around - Navigating the Concrete Jungle)

Airport transfer is a lifesaver. Car park [on-site] if you're driving. Taxi service for when you just can't face another subway ride.

(Available in all rooms - The Good Stuff! )

OKAY. Lets talk about some of the rooms features that stood out:

  • The Room: Okay y'all, I was obsessed with the Air conditioning. The Blackout curtains, for those jet lag days, were a life saver.
  • Bedtime bliss: The Desk was perfect for working on my travel blog. (And yes, that's what I was doing!) The reading light and Socket near the bed are ESSENTIAL
  • The Bath: Additional toilet. Having the Separate shower/bathtub was a nice touch.
  • The Tech: Internet access – wireless: (obviously)
  • Additional Room Feature: The Refrigerator was clutch for storing my drinks. Coffee/tea maker for early starts.

(Things To Do - Ways To Relax)

If I'm honest, I was so busy doing things in Tokyo (shopping, eating, more eating) that I didn't have a ton of time for the spa/gym. But Citadines has a Fitness center. The Swimming pool [outdoor], although seasonal, looked amazing. They have a Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage.

(My Quirky Observations - Or, Why I'd Go Back)

Okay, some random thoughts:

  • The Location: Absolutely brilliant. Steps away from the action but somehow felt serene.
  • The Vibe: Modern, clean, and stylish – not too stuffy.
  • The Staff: Super friendly and helpful. Always smiling, always ready to assist.
  • The Negatives: Honestly? Finding a fault is difficult. I'm not big on the "hotel chain" feel, but this one's done right.

(The Emotional Verdict - Would I Recommend It? HELL YES!)

Look, Tokyo is a whirlwind. It's chaotic, it's overwhelming, it's amazing. And after a day of navigating the crowds and the neon lights, you need a place to crash that's clean, comfortable, and convenient. Citadines Central Shinjuku is more than just a hotel; it's a sanctuary in the heart of the madness. It's a well-kept secret that deserves to be shouted from the rooftops.

(THE OFFER: Your Escape to Shinjuku Awaits!

Tired of the typical, overcrowded hotels? Want a slice of modern comfort in the heart of Tokyo's electrifying Shinjuku? Book your stay at Citadines Central Shinjuku and experience the city like a local, but with all the comforts of home!

Here's the deal:

  • Limited-Time Offer: Book your stay within the next [Insert time frame, e.g., 72 hours] and receive [Insert a perk! This could be a free breakfast, a room upgrade, early check-in/late check-out, etc.].
  • Unbeatable Location: Steps from the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden and the hustle and bustle of Shinjuku station!
  • Modern Comforts: Stylish rooms, free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and all the amenities you need to recharge after a day of exploring.
  • Peace of Mind: Impeccable cleanliness standards and a friendly, helpful staff.

Don't wait! Tokyo is calling, and Citadines Central Shinjuku is waiting to welcome you. Click this link to book your unforgettable stay: [Insert Booking Link Here]

(Final Thought)

Go, go, go. Now! Thank me later (after you've recovered from jet lag and the best ramen of your life). Trust me, you'll love it.

Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only AluaSoul Mallorca

Book Now

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo Japan

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! You're about to get a travel itinerary that's less "rigid itinerary" and more "chaotic but charming exploration of Tokyo from a Citadines Central Shinjuku base." I'm warning you now, it's going to be a wild ride.

The "Maybe We'll Actually Do This" Tokyo Adventure - Shinjuku Edition

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread in the Room

  • 14:00 - Arrival at Narita (NRT). Okay, first hurdle: getting through customs. This is where I become a sweaty, stressed-out mess trying not to get judged for my suspiciously large backpack. Pray for me.
  • 15:30 - Narita Express to Shinjuku Station. "Yay! The train! This'll be easy!" Famous last words, I'm sure. Let's hope my Japanese app-translation skills are up to the task of navigating this beast of a station.
  • 17:00 - Check-in at Citadines Central Shinjuku. Finally. The sweet, sweet promise of AC and a clean(ish) bathroom. Expect a moment of pure, unadulterated bliss. My plan is to immediately throw myself on the bed and question all my life choices. And then, unpack. Maybe.
  • 18:00 - Reconnaissance Mission: Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. A beautiful garden, they say. I say, "Let's see if my crippling social anxiety can handle some peaceful beauty." Fingers crossed I don't accidentally wander into a koi pond.
    • Anecdote Alert: Last time I attempted a "peaceful garden" I ended up getting chased by a squirrel. It was… humbling.
  • 19:30 - Dinner: Ramen Disaster or Ramen Triumph? The holy grail of ramen is calling my name. Trying to find a decent place, likely with a queue of people longer than my arm. Pray for good broth and no spills.
  • 21:00 - Shinjuku Golden Gai - The Neon Playground. Supposedly, it's like stepping into a movie. Tiny bars, flashing lights, the promise of potentially weird encounters. I'm both terrified and intrigued. This could get messy. (Likely will).

Day 2: A Day of Culture, Cuteness, and Culinary Chaos

  • 09:00 - Awful wake-up call and the struggle is real. This is the part where I try and remember how to use my alarm after a jet lag night, then fail.
  • 10:00 - Tsukiji Outer Market - Sensory Overload!!! Breakfast awaits! The Tsukiji Outer Market is a glorious assault on the senses. The smells! The colors! The energy! Prepare for a throng of people. Sushi is the goal. And maybe some tamagoyaki. My biggest fear here is getting overwhelmed by the amount of food choices.
    • Quirky Observation: The speed at which the fishmongers fillet a tuna is seriously impressive. It’s like watching a ninja. I wonder what they're thinking when they see me, clueless and wide-eyed.
  • 12:00 - Harajuku - The Fashion-Forward Wonderland. Takeshita Street. Rainbow food. Over-the-top fashion. Here's where I'll embrace my inner weirdo and try to blend in… which will probably involve me accidentally buying a plushie the size of my torso.
  • 14:00 - Meiji Jingu Shrine - The Calm Before the Storm. A peaceful escape (hopefully) from the Harajuku madness. A moment of quiet reflection before diving back into the chaos, I hope.
  • 16:00 - Shibuya Crossing and the Hachiko Statue. The iconic scramble crossing. Let’s hope I don't get smooshed by a horde of people. And the Hachiko statue! I'll probably cry. Seriously.
  • 18:00 - Dinner: Okonomiyaki Odyssey. I shall seek okonomiyaki, where you put your own food in, but I can't cook for shit. Hope I don't set the place on fire.
  • 20:00 - Karaoke! The pinnacle of potential embarrassment. My singing voice is best described as "cat in a blender". I'm not afraid of my vocal ability, I'm afraid of the audience! Pray for patience and lots of liquid courage (aka, sake).

Day 3: Day Trip to Hakone and Mount Fuji (Maybe)

  • 07:00 - Wake Up. Again, ugh. Okay, today's the day for Hakone and potential glimpse of Mount Fuji! This is where my planning might fall apart.
  • 08:00 - Train to Hakone. This is a good plan, let's hope it goes smoothly.
  • 09:30 - Hakone Sightseeing Cruise. Cruising on a lake surrounded by mountains is exactly what I need. Or so I think.
    • Emotional Reaction: If I see Fuji-san, I will probably weep with joy. And take, like, a million photos. If it's shrouded in clouds, I'll probably start questioning my whole existence.
  • 12:00 - Lunch in Hakone. Something local, delicious, and hopefully not too expensive. Food is a necessity, not a luxury.
  • 13:00 - Hakone Open-Air Museum. Art AND nature? Sign me up! I've always felt this is where I would find my calling, a sculptor!
  • 16:00 - Back to Shinjuku. The long trip is always something special, in the best and the worst ways.
  • 18:00 - Dinner and Relax and… Back to the Citadines! Probably need a nap.
  • 20:00 - Explore Shinjuku at night. The plan is to explore the streets, but I cannot promise where this will lead.

Day 4: The Final Day of the Trip

  • 8:00 - One last Japanese breakfast. Something simple, I don't want to be hungover.
  • 9:00 - Visit the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. Free views! I'll try and enjoy the view, and hopefully not panic about the height.
  • 11:00 - Explore the neighborhood. Get lost on purpose. Find some quirky shops and maybe a hidden gem.
  • 13:00 - Lunch, the last lunch. Something tasty.
  • 14:00 - Packing, the worst task. Why is it always like a bomb exploded in my suitcase?
  • 16:00 - Final Ramen. One last slurp of deliciousness. It is just for the memories.
  • 17:00 - Goodbye Tokyo, the last day.
  • 18:00 - The Narita Express.
  • 21:00 - The plane, going home.

Overall:

Look, this is just a suggestion. I haven't included any time for potential meltdowns (there will be many), unexpected rain, or getting hopelessly lost. This is a fluid plan. And honestly, I'm probably going to end up spending half my time wandering aimlessly, taking pictures of cats, and buying things I don't need. But isn’t that the point of travel? To make memories, even the messy ones?

Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Greece's Hidden Gem: Astro Palace Hotel & Suites - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo Japan

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! We're diving *deep* into the glorious, slightly-less-than-pristine, and utterly charming secret that is Citadines Central Shinjuku! Get ready for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the slightly-used-but-still-amazing truth.

Is Citadines Central Shinjuku REALLY a secret? Because I saw it on TripAdvisor...

Okay, okay, "secret" might be a *slight* exaggeration. It's not like you need a secret handshake to get in. But think of it more like… a well-guarded gem that isn't always plastered across the billboards of Shinjuku. It’s got that *vibe* of being discovered, you know? Like, "Ooh! I found this place… and it's REALLY good, and *you* probably haven't heard of it." The fact you saw it on Tripadvisor? Don't worry, we all stumble across some of those. Just keep it on the down-low, yeah?

What's the *real* vibe like? Is it all sleek and minimalist like in the brochures?

"Sleek and minimalist"? Honey, no. It's got more of a… comfortable, lived-in charm. Think "well-loved apartment." My first impression? "Okay, this isn't exactly the Ritz… thank god." The rooms? Functional, yes. Stylish? Depends on your definition. I personally loved it – felt more like a place to *live* than just a place to sleep. Less sterile, more… conducive to late-night ramen binges and existential musings while watching the Tokyo skyline. (Which, by the way, some rooms *do* have an amazing view of!) Oh, and the elevators? They're… reliable-ish. Sometimes a little slow, but hey, you're in Japan, so you *should* be used to patience!

Are the rooms actually *clean*? Because, you know…

Okay, this is crucial. Yes. *Mostly*. The housekeeping staff are troopers. Now, let's be honest, it's not like a sterile operating room. I once found a stray hair in the bathroom (I'm pretty sure it wasn't mine—trust me, *I know* my hair). BUT! Overall, the place is kept very clean. And you can *always* ask for extra towels or a refresh. If something's *really* off, point it out. They're pretty good about fixing things. I’m not saying it’s spotless perfection, I'M saying it's Japanese clean, which is a level above most places!

What about the location? Is it as good as they say?

Oh. My. God. The location. That's the main reason you choose this place, trust me. It's *insanely* convenient. Literally a stone's throw from Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (which, if you haven't been, get your butt over there *immediately*—it's pure zen). And the *main* train stations? Easy access. Seriously, even for a total directionally-challenged dingbat like myself (true story: I once got lost in a *circle*), finding my way around was a breeze. I mean, you stumble out of the hotel, and BOOM, you're in the heart of Shinjuku. Lights, action, ramen, repeat. Just be prepared for the glorious chaos.

I've heard the kitchenettes are decent. True?

Okay, let’s talk kitchenette. They are… functional. Not gourmet-chef quality, but they’re perfect for making instant ramen (a travel staple, obviously), heating up leftovers from your epic Don Quijote haul, or brewing a much-needed cup of coffee in the morning. They come equipped with the basics – a microwave, a fridge, a hot plate, and a small sink. Now, the plates and cutlery? Let’s just say I recommend bringing a few of your own if you're planning on hosting a dinner party (lol). It’s more about the *convenience* than the luxury. Perfect for a budget traveller or someone trying to survive off of Lawson fried chicken. I used the microwave A LOT.

What's the Wi-Fi like? A dealbreaker for me.

Okay, the Wi-Fi… It's… *okay*. Look, it's not the lightning-fast, fibre-optic bliss of some fancy hotels. Don't be expecting to stream 4K movies without buffering. It gets the job done. You can check emails, browse the internet, and even video call (though maybe not with a *massive* group). It’s good enough for a quick TikTok scroll too. Which is essential, right? If you need the absolute speed though, consider using pocket wifi, it's generally a good idea anyway in Japan. I worked remotely from the hotel a few times, and while it wasn't *perfect*, I got through the workday. Just… be patient, darling.

Any downsides? Be honest!

Okay, here's the unvarnished truth:

  1. The elevators. Mentioned this before, but again, sometimes they are… slow. Especially at peak times. Patience, grasshopper.
  2. The gym. Let's just say, it's not exactly a state-of-the-art fitness center. It's more like a slightly neglected room with a few treadmills. I didn’t actually *use* the gym. I walked everywhere (which is fantastic in Tokyo, BTW), but if you’re a gym rat, it's probably not your jam. Skip the gym, walk until your feet are numb, and then eat all the sushi. You’ll thank me later.
  3. The slightly… clinical feel of the hallways. They're not *ugly*, just not particularly inspiring. Think "hospital adjacent." But who spends their days *in the hallways*?
  4. And the BIG one: The Air Conditioning. One time, I swore the AC was a frozen volcano, the next, it was a sweaty sauna. My advice? Master the thermostat. It can be tricky at first. Keep a sweater handy, even in summer.

Would you stay there again? Seriously, would you?

Absolutely! The location alone is worth its weight in gold(en curry!). Look, it's not a luxury hotel. It's… practical. It's comfortable. It's *convenient*. And it has a certain charm that you won't find in those over-the-top, soulless mega-hotels. It's where you *live* in Tokyo, not just where you sleep. When I went back I got the same room, and knew *exactly* where everything was. That’s the best feeling after a 14-hour flight. So yeah, I’ll be back. I'll probably always be back. Now, shhh… don't tell *everyone*.

My Hotel Reviewst

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo Japan

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo Japan