
Uncover Hoi An's Hidden Gem: Chieu Ha Village's Untold Secrets
Uncover Hoi An's Hidden Gem: Chieu Ha Village's Untold Secrets - A Review That's All Over the Place (But Hopefully, Helpful!)
Okay, so, you're thinking about Hoi An, right? Beautiful, lantern-lit nights, tailor shops galore, and… the same old tourist traps? Forget that noise. I've just come back from a place that actually felt like I was digging up a buried treasure: Chieu Ha Village. And trust me, this isn’t your average cookie-cutter resort.
The first thing I need to confess? I'm terrible at planning. So, accessibility was a gamble. Accessibility: Alright, so I didn't specifically need wheelchair accessible rooms, but from what I saw, the village is generally pretty flat and navigable. Facilities for disabled guests were listed (thank goodness!), which gave me a good feeling, even as I fumbled with my suitcase and the uneven cobblestone streets… (more on those later).
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I didn't have to worry about being limited, thank the gods! My main interest was ease and comfort. Not only that, but the vibe was completely relaxed, and not super crowded as another plus.
Internet and Techy Stuff: Now, look, I'm a millennial, I need my Wi-Fi. Apparently, I'm a basic bitch. Not a problem with Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and a decent Internet connection, which I tested immediately. I even saw mention of Internet [LAN] in case you're old-school or obsessed with gaming. Wi-Fi in public areas was also listed, which is crucial for the obligatory Instagramming of your ridiculously photogenic breakfast (more on that later).
Rooms and Comfort: Let's dive into the nitty-gritty of the room, and how I liked it!
- Air conditioning: Essential, because Vietnam is HOT.
- Bathroom essentials: Additional toilet, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Hair dryer, Linens, Mirror, Private bathroom, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Toiletries, Towels - All of those were perfect.
- Room amenities: Alarm clock, Blackout curtains (blessed be!), Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Free bottled water, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens - Pretty sure my room had everything I could have possibly dreamed of!
And now, the most important thing… My room was non-smoking!
Things to Do and Relax:
Okay, so the "things to do" here are… well, they're the opposite of hectic. This ain't a theme park, folks. This is about slowing down.
- Pool with view: Glorious. The water was the perfect temp, the view? Tropical perfection. I may have spent an entire day there alternating between swimming and… well, eating.
- Sauna, Steamroom, Spa: Seriously? YES! I did the spa thing. I got a Body scrub that practically melted the stress off me, a Body wrap, and a Massage that was… heavenly. My only regret? Not booking more!
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I pretended to be active, I swear.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking – The Delicious Details:
This is where Chieu Ha really shines. Food is life, and they GET IT.
- Restaurants: several of them.
- A la carte in restaurant: YES, you can order what you want.
- Asian & Western breakfast: Yes, this is something I dream about.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: I can't stress enough how good the food was!
- Bar: for cocktails.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: because I'm addicted.
- Happy hour: This made me so happy!
- Poolside bar: Drink + sun = a winning equation
- Room service [24-hour]: Thank god yes. Sometimes, I just need to pig out in peace. Snack bar - This place is just my kind of paradise.
Cleanliness and Safety - Phew!
I’m a bit of a germaphobe (don't judge!). So, the safety protocols were HUGE for me.
- Anti-viral cleaning products
- Daily disinfection in common areas
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Rooms sanitized between stays
- Staff trained in safety protocol
- Sterilizing equipment
- Safe dining setup
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
I felt really safe, which is saying something these days! They even offered Room sanitization opt-out if you preferred.
Services and Conveniences:
Okay, this is where things get super handy. The Concierge was amazing. Seriously helpful.
- Cash withdrawal
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Doorman
- Laundry service (thank god, because I can't be expected to wash my own clothes on vacation)
- Luggage storage
- Safety deposit boxes – always a plus.
For the Kids:
Didn't travel with kids, but saw the Kids facilities and the Babysitting service. They seemed accommodating.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer: Absolutely.
- Bicycle parking and Car park [free of charge]: Nice touch.
- Taxi service - Easy.
My Verdict (and the Rambling Offer You've Been Waiting For):
Okay, real talk. This isn't a flawless resort. It has its imperfections. But that’s what makes it real. The staff were incredibly friendly. So, if you're looking for a truly unique experience in Hoi An, something that will leave you feeling refreshed, and maybe a little bit in love with Vietnam? And are ready to escape the madness? Then you need to go to Chieu Ha Village.
Here's the deal - a stream-of-consciousness offer:
Okay, let's get this over with! Ready to ditch the boring and embrace the… unpredictable? Book a stay at Chieu Ha Village now and get the following:
- A complimentary spa treatment! You deserve a massage after all that travel planning.
- A free cocktail at the poolside bar.. You know, to loosen you up after the first day.
- Guaranteed sunshine (okay, I can't promise that one, but let's manifest it!).
- Complimentary breakfast in your room. (because I'm already imagining you lounging in your robe while the best breakfast in the world gets delivered)
Why Chieu Ha Village? Because it's not just a hotel. It's an experience. It's the feeling of waking up to the call of the birds, not the drone of the usual suspects. It's the taste of authentic Vietnamese cuisine and the touch of the healing hands of the spa therapists. And, let's be honest, it's the perfect excuse to get away from everything.
Stop reading - start booking. You won't regret it.
Tokyo Skytree Views! 5-Min Walk to Station, Private Access, Stunning Penthouse!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your glossy travel brochure itinerary. This is Chieu Ha village, Hoi An, Vietnam, the way I experienced it. Prepare for… well, prepare for chaos.
Chieu Ha: My Vietnam Hiccup (and How I Survived)
Day 1: Arrival & Utter Overwhelm (AKA “Where. Am. I.?”)
Morning: Landed in Da Nang. The heat hit me like a physical force. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I saw the air shimmering. Dragged my suitcase that felt like it was filled with lead uphill. Hired a taxi to Chieu Ha – supposedly an hour. It took two. The driver kept talking about his cousin's duck farm. I nodded, smiled, and hoped he understood basic English.
Mid-afternoon: Finally arrived! Chieu Ha village. It’s… vibrant. Like, a kaleidoscope exploded onto the landscape. Tiny houses, overflowing with bougainvillea, chickens running amok, and a cacophony of sounds I couldn't even begin to decipher. Found my homestay, a lovely place with a porch and the host was a sweet lady, her name, Ha, which later I realised it was the same as the village name. Got myself settled, then got lost. In the village. Twice. The same street. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.
Evening: Dinner at Ha’s. She cooked… everything. Spring rolls, fresh from the garden. Fish I think she caught. Rice, mountains of it. I swear, I ate enough for three people. And afterwards? She made me try this rice wine. "Just a little," she'd said. Famous last words. Next thing I knew, I was attempting to sing karaoke with a bunch of locals and butchering Vietnamese. My vocal cords still ache, and the video evidence… well, let's just say it's locked away in a vault.
Day 2: Biking, Bliss, and Backpedaling (Literally)
Morning: The rice wine hangover was brutal. Brutal. Struggled into a slightly rickety bicycle that Ha had offered for my use. I swear it was older than me. My mission: reach the river. The first few minutes were a blur of near misses with motorbikes, dodging stray dogs, and trying to maintain a semblance of dignity.
Mid-morning: Found a small alley way that led to the river. Pure, unadulterated bliss! The river was the colour of jade, the water so calm. I parked my bike and I just stared, and then I heard a splash behind me. A couple of kids were taking their daily swim! I started picturing myself going into the water, and then I remembered that I never packed a bathing suit. I couldn't help but feel so utterly disappointed, and then I did something I had never done; I asked the kids to take a picture of me with them. It was a moment of pure, unadulterated joy and connection with these wonderful children, they didn't speak any English, and I spoke little Vietnamese. But we laughed, pointed, and created a moment of beauty.
Afternoon: Decided to explore some rice paddies. Went off-road - big mistake. Ended up covered in mud, my bike tangled in the stalks, and looking utterly ridiculous. A farmer saw me. He just shook his head, chuckled, and helped me dig out. Embarrassing, yes. Humiliating, maybe. But also, so wonderfully human.
Evening: Attempted a cooking class at my homestay. My "skills" were… less than stellar. Ha was patient (bless her heart). I managed to burn the lemongrass chicken. Completely. Everyone else's looked amazing. Mine looked like something the cat wouldn't eat. Still, we laughed. And ate a lot of pho. Pho will always be the best part of Vietnam.
Day 3: Markets, Tailors, and… Karaoke, Again?
Morning: Explored the local market. Sights, sounds, smells… sensory overload. Mountains of fresh produce, strange fruits I'd never seen before, the pungent aroma of fish sauce, and the constant chatter of vendors. I tried to haggle for a mango. Failed miserably. But it was fun!
Mid-day: Had a tailor-made outfit created in Hoi An. So many fabrics, so many choices! The whole process was fascinating. I ended up with a beautiful silk dress. A tad cliché, maybe, but I don't care.
Afternoon: I was invited by my homestay to visit a nearby temple. Honestly, I had to be talked into it, I was still reeling from the karaoke incident from Day 1. The temple was just beautiful, but more than that, it was the people who mattered. I met a woman who showed me how they pray, and I felt a wave of calm pass over me.
Evening: The villagers all gathered for a small celebration. More rice wine. Oh dear, here we go. More karaoke! This time, I knew more Vietnamese words. Perhaps that's a good thing, perhaps it isn't. Everyone was utterly joyful. The laughter, the music, the sheer joy of being together… it was infectious. I found myself dancing until my feet ached, and I don't regret a moment.
Day 4: Departure and a Messy Heart
Morning: Said goodbye to Ha, the homestay host. Big hugs, blurry eyes. The village… it had burrowed its way into my heart. It wasn't perfect. It was chaotic, messy, at times frustrating. But it was real. And I loved it.
Departure: Taxi back to Da Nang. Looked back at the rice paddies. A single tear. The driver asked me if I was okay. I just smiled and said, "Vietnam. It gets to you."
Final Thoughts (AKA, the Ramble):
Chieu Ha isn’t a polished postcard. It's a living, breathing organism of a village. It's a place to get lost, to get messy, to laugh, to cry (maybe from the rice wine. Or the beauty of the place. Or both). It's a place where the unexpected happens, where you'll stumble and make a fool of yourself, and where you'll also find a warmth and a connection that will stay with you long after you leave.
My advice? Go. Be open. Embrace the chaos. Learn a few Vietnamese phrases (even if you butcher them). And for the love of all that is holy, pack a swimsuit. And maybe skip the rice wine on the first night. Just a thought.
Indonesian Paradise Found: Alami Boutique Villas & Resort Awaits!
Uncover Hoi An's Hidden Gem: Chieu Ha Village's Untold Secrets - FAQ (and my own slightly unhinged ramblings)
Okay, *Chieu Ha*… where even *is* that? Is this some made-up travel blogger fantasy?
Nope, not a fever dream! Chieu Ha Village is about a 15-minute scooter ride from the bustling heart of Hoi An Ancient Town. Think… peace. Think… rice paddies that whisper secrets to the wind. Think… not a single flashing selfie stick (mostly). It's nestled amongst the Tra Que Vegetable Village and Cam Kim Island, so you're *surrounded* by gorgeousness. And trust me, after the crowds of Hoi An, this is your escape hatch.
Side note: Finding it the first time? A bit of a rodeo. I swear, I took a wrong turn, ended up in a farmer's field, and nearly ate it on my scooter. Learned the hard way: *look for the signs, people!* And maybe invest in a good map app. Or, you know, just embrace the getting-lost part. It’s part of the charm, right? (Right?)
What's the "secret" then? What makes Chieu Ha so special? Tell me, spill!
Okay, okay, here's the gist: It's *authenticity.* And that's a word that gets thrown around a lot, but in Chieu Ha, it actually *means* something. You're not just ticking off a tourist checklist. You're *immersed*.
Think: Meeting families who've lived there for generations. Watching them weave fishing nets, tend to their gardens, and smiling (genuinely, not the forced tourist smile) as you stumble past.
The "secrets" aren't mapped out and perfectly packaged. They're in the *feeling*. It’s about witnessing a slower pace of life. Finding a moment’s quiet. And perhaps realizing you desperately needed it… like, *yesterday*.
But the *real* killer is the food. Oh, the food…
Alright, food. *Specifically*, what kind of culinary wizardry can I expect?
Local. Fresh. Incredible. Seriously, I’ve eaten in Michelin-starred restaurants that didn't hold a candle to the stuff I devoured in Chieu Ha. Think freshly caught fish grilled over an open fire. Noodles made by hands that have worked the land their whole lives. Vegetables bursting with flavor because they were picked *this morning*.
One tiny, unassuming little place – I can’t even remember the name (my memory’s terrible, sue me!) – served the most divine *Cao Lau* I've ever had. The noodles were the perfect texture, the pork was melt-in-your-mouth, and the broth… *chef’s kiss*. I literally dreamt about it for a week. I almost went back just for the damn noodles. Almost. Don't judge my priorities.
And speaking of fire, there's a seafood restaurant on the riverbank where you can *see* the fresh catch getting grilled. They use all the local ingredients, I remember being there watching the sun set over the river whilst eating the most perfectly grilled fish, with a cold beer... the peace of it all was something else. This memory alone probably makes me want to book a flight.
So, is it all just eating and chilling? What else can I *do* in Chieu Ha?
Well, you *could* just eat and chill… and that would be totally acceptable. No judgment here! But if you're feeling adventurous, there's plenty to do. Here are some of the things I've done:
- **Take a boat trip:** Cruise down the river and watch the local fishermen at work. It’s ridiculously picturesque. Bring your camera, and prepare for some serious Instagram envy from your friends.
- **Explore by bike or scooter:** Get lost (intentionally, this time!) on the backroads. Discover hidden temples, tiny villages, and maybe even a secret swimming spot. (I found one! Don't tell anyone though.)
- **Try a cooking class:** Learn to make the local specialties. You'll impress everyone back home with your newfound culinary skills... or at least, you'll *try*. My skills are still a little… let's say, “developing.”
- **Visit a local workshop:** Maybe pottery or bamboo weaving. It’s fascinating to see the traditional crafts. And you can buy some souvenirs that are actually... original.
What's the best time to visit Chieu Ha? When will I be able to enjoy Chieu Ha to the fullest?
Shoulder season, baby! That's your sweet spot. Late February to April, or September to October. The weather's generally lovely, avoiding the scorching heat of summer or the (occasional) downpours of the rainy season.
However, honestly, even if it *does* rain, it's still magical. The rice paddies glisten, the air smells of fresh earth, and you can hole up in a cozy little restaurant and gorge yourself on delicious food. (See a pattern developing here? Food is important.) The point is: don't overthink it. Just go.
What are some things to watch out for? Any potential downsides or things I should be aware of?
Okay, let's be real. It's paradise, but even paradise has a few… *minor* drawbacks.
- **Mosquitoes:** They are a thing. Pack bug spray. I learned that lesson the hard way, waking up one morning looking like I'd lost a fight with a swarm of angry vampires.
- **Limited English:** Not everyone speaks English. Embrace the language barrier! Learn a few basic Vietnamese phrases - it goes a long way. And don't be afraid to point, gesture, and hope for the best.
- **The occasional power cut:** It's rare, but it happens. Be prepared to unplug, unwind, and enjoy the peace and quiet. (And charge your phone beforehand, for photos, obviously.)
- **It's not a party destination:** If you're looking for all-night raves and booming nightclubs, you're in the wrong place. Chieu Ha is about tranquility, not tequila shots. (Though a cold beer on a hot day? Absolutely.)
Honestly? The drawbacks are minor inconveniences. The *good stuff* far outweighs them.
Where should I stay? Any recommendations for accommodations?
I'm not going to give you specific names here, because I want you to find that magic for yourself. But, the beauty of Chieu Ha is the small homestays and local guest houses. Do a bit of research on Booking.com or Airbnb, but don't just look for the fanciest place. Look for charming, authentic, and family-run. Chat with the owners, they’re generally lovely and will be overflowing with local information that you can't get on TripAdvisor.
My top tipCoastal Inns

