Economy Inn McCook: Your Surprisingly Awesome McCook Getaway!

Economy Inn McCook United States

Economy Inn McCook United States

Economy Inn McCook: Your Surprisingly Awesome McCook Getaway!

Economy Inn McCook: My Surprisingly Awesome McCook Getaway! (Seriously!)

Okay, folks, buckle up. I just got back from the Economy Inn McCook, and honestly? I'm still reeling. I went in expecting…well, let’s just say "budget-friendly" and leave it at that. What I found was…mostly awesome. So, grab a coffee (because, hey, free Wi-Fi!), and let’s dive in.

First Impressions & Accessibility (or, My Stumbling-In Moment)

Right off the bat, let’s talk accessibility. This is a must for me, and I'm happy to report the Economy Inn McCook makes a decent effort. The elevator was thankfully functional (a huge win!), and I saw ramps and everything. It's not perfect – I didn't specifically assess every single inch for full wheelchair accessibility, but the foundational elements are there. Score one point for being, you know, accommodating. Finding the entrance wasn't the most intuitive thing, but once I was inside, I felt like I could at least get around.

(Accessibility is Key)

Internet & Why Free Wi-Fi is My Love Language

Look, in this day and age, good Wi-Fi is practically a human right. And blessedly, the Economy Inn McCook delivers on this front. They have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – and it actually works! I could stream Netflix, Facetime my mom (sorry, Mom!), and generally be a digital nomad, without experiencing the frustration of a dial-up modem. Seriously, that alone deserves a gold star. They also have Internet access – Wi-Fi and Internet access – wireless in rooms and Internet and Internet [LAN]. They also provide Wi-fi for special events. Big ups to whoever keeps the internet humming; you're the real MVP.

Cleanliness & Safety – The COVID Factor (and a Tiny Confession)

Let's be real: we're still living in the shadow of COVID. The Economy Inn McCook seemed to take things seriously, which is a massive relief. I saw evidence of Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. They had Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff (who were super amicable, by the way) seemed trained in the Staff trained in safety protocol.

Now, confession time: I, like many of us, can sometimes be a bit… lax. But seeing all the precautions at the Economy Inn McCook actually made me feel better. There's Individually-wrapped food options (more on that later…), and they even offered a Room sanitization opt-out available. So, you can have your peace of mind, or you can embrace your inner germaphobe, the choice is yours. I'm not a huge fan of the Shared stationery removed, but that's the new normal.

Room Comfort: My Little Sanctuary (with a Few Quirks)

My room? Decent. It had Air conditioning, thankfully (because, Nebraska summers, right?), a comfy Bed, with a Extra long bed and Blackout curtains essential after those long drives. They also had all the basic amenities, like a Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer, Ironing facilities, and a Refrigerator. There's also Daily housekeeping, which always appreciated.

Now, for the quirks… The Alarm clock was… well, it worked. The Bathroom was clean, of course, with a Shower and Separate shower/bathtub. The Toiletries were, let’s say, "basic". Bring your own fancy shampoo, folks. I found some useful Mirror as well. Nothing was the luxury of a fancy hotel, but you have everything to survive for a night and that counts. The Sofa was a nice addition! They seemed to have the basics covered, including a Smoke detector.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking – Breakfast Adventures (and a Crappy Coffee Revelation)

Okay, time for the food review. This is where things get… interesting. They offer Breakfast [buffet], which sounds fancy, but let's just say it's more Breakfast service than a gourmet experience. You have basic options - like Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. There's Coffee/tea in restaurant (and the coffee wasn't great, which is a shame). The Breakfast takeaway service was convenient. They also have a Snack bar, which is useful for midnight cravings. I didn't check out the Restaurants or Poolside bar.

Services & Conveniences – The Good, The Bad, and… the "Convenience Store"!

The Economy Inn McCook boasts a surprisingly long list of services. They have Air conditioning in public area (thank goodness!), Daily housekeeping, and Luggage storage, all of which are incredibly valuable. They offer Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], which is a plus. They provide Contactless check-in/out, which is great in the modern age. Dry cleaning, Ironing service, and Laundry service, are available, should you need them.

They have a Convenience store, and this is where things get personal. I wandered in there, bleary-eyed at 10 PM, craving a Snickers bar. And there it was! My savior after that long drive! It was a true convenience with Essential condiments and Cash withdrawal.

Things to Do/Ways to Relax – The Gym (or Lack Thereof)

Okay, so the Fitness center was a bit… underwhelming. It had some equipment. Gym/fitness. Let's just say you won't be training for the Olympics here. I didn't see a Swimming pool [outdoor] even though they say they do. Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool.

For the Kids – Family Friendly (maybe)

They offer Family/child friendly. I can't really speak to the kid-friendliness.

Getting Around – Easy Peasy

They offer Car park [free of charge], which is amazing! Free parking is always a win.

My Overall Verdict & A (Slightly Rambling) Recommendation

Look, the Economy Inn McCook isn't the Ritz-Carlton. But it's a damn good option for a stopover in McCook. The free Wi-Fi is a lifesaver, the cleanliness is reassuring, and the staff are genuinely friendly. Yes, the coffee could be better, and the gym could be, well, a gym, but for the price, it’s a steal.

What I would do:

  • Book it if you need a clean, safe, and budget-friendly place, you can't really go wrong.
  • Get yourself a good cup of coffee before you leave.

Final Score: 3.5 Stars (with extra points for the free Wi-Fi!)


Ready to experience your own Surprisingly Awesome McCook Getaway?

Book your stay at the Economy Inn McCook today!

Here's why you should book NOW:

  • Lightning-Fast Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and stream your heart out!
  • Clean and Safe: Rest easy with our thorough cleaning protocols and commitment to your well-being.
  • Convenience is Key: Free parking, a convenient store, and friendly staff ready to assist.
  • Accessibility: Ramp accessible and elevator availability will make your stay easier than other places.
  • Free Parking: You can avoid paying fees to park at your hotel destination.
  • Budget-Friendly Bliss: Get great value without breaking the bank.
  • Book Now and Get a Free Bottle of Water on Arrival! (Limited time offer)

Click here to book your surprisingly awesome trip today! (link to booking website here if applicable)

Don't wait – McCook awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Elysee's Unforgettable US Getaway

Book Now

Economy Inn McCook United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your grandma's meticulously planned vacation itinerary. This is… The Economy Inn McCook, Nebraska Experience: A Chronicle of Mild Discomfort, Questionable Coffee, and Unexpected Charm. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotion. And probably some dust mites.

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of the Continental Breakfast

  • Time: Let's say… anytime after noon. Because let's be honest, who's really chipper about a McCook, NE arrival at 8 AM? Nobody, that's who.
  • Transportation: The trusty, reliable (and slightly dented) Ford Escape. God bless AAA.
  • Location: Economy Inn, McCook. Ah, home sweet… slightly lumpy home. The exterior? Let's call it "rustic." The lobby smells vaguely of industrial cleaner and… hope? Maybe?
  • Event: Check-in. The front desk guy (Jim? I think his name was Jim) had this look in his eyes, a kind of defeated resignation that I immediately understood. "Economy Inn," he said, in exactly the tone I expected. He gave me the key, pointed to the vending machines (which, judging by the contents, hadn't been restocked since the Reagan administration), and said, "Breakfast is tomorrow. Don't get your hopes up." Wise words, Jim. Wise words indeed.
  • Anecdote: Okay, so the room. It was… functional. The carpet, a delightful shade of "institutional beige," felt like it had seen things. Things. I found a suspiciously sticky patch near the bed. Cleaned it with copious amounts of hand sanitizer. Just in case.
  • Quirky observation: The tiny, ancient TV. It took a solid five minutes to even think about turning on, but once it did, the picture quality was… well, it was like looking through a frosted window. But hey, I found a channel playing reruns of "Law & Order." Comfort food for the soul.
  • Emotional Reaction: Mild panic. A dash of morbid curiosity. A healthy dose of "is this really happening?"
  • Dinner: The local recommendation was "The Bieroc Cafe" and as someone who's had no previous Bieroc-experience… it's like a small german pocket of deliciousness in the middle of nowhere. This is the one spot I'll be returning to, it was so delicious!

Day 2: The Breakfast… and the Great Plains Revelation

  • Time: 7:00 AM. The siren call of free breakfast, no matter how dire, is a powerful motivator.
  • Location: The "Breakfast Room" (aka, the slightly less depressing corner of the lobby).
  • Event: The infamous Economy Inn Continental Breakfast. Brace yourselves.
    • The Coffee: A swirling vortex of brown, vaguely coffee-flavored liquid. Tasted like it had been brewing since the Pleistocene epoch. I contemplated using it to clean the sticky patch on the carpet.
    • The "Fruit": Wilted apples and… maybe a banana. Questionable. I avoided.
    • The "Cereal": The usual suspects. Frosted Flakes. Cheerios. Something resembling gravel.
    • The "Toast": The bread was suspiciously pale and ghost-like. The toaster, a relic of the 1970s, worked with the speed of a sloth in molasses.
    • The Verdict: Edible. Technically. But it's an experience you'll never forget, and not in a good way.
  • Anecdote: I found myself in a battle with a very grumpy toaster. It spat out my toast, carbon-blackened, in a fit of digital fury. I fought back with a butter knife. Toaster 1, Me 0.
  • Quirky Observation: The other guests at breakfast… A traveling salesman with a perpetually worried expression, a family of four who looked like they'd been fighting for the past 24 hours, and a guy who was wearing a t-shirt that said "I survived the Economy Inn McCook breakfast." Now that's commitment.
  • Emotional Reaction: Mild disappointment. Hunger. A strong desire to go find a real diner.
  • The Great Plains Revelation: I decided to take a drive. Just to get away from the hotel. And suddenly, BOOM. The vastness of the Nebraska landscape hit me like a tidal wave. Rolling hills, endless sky. It was… breathtaking. And lonely. But in a good way. It made me appreciate the silence and the space. The complete and utter nothingness for kilometres on end.
  • Extra: the drive: I saw a sign for "The Museum of the High Plains." Now, I'm not typically a museum-goer, but the sheer isolation of McCook seemed to compel me to go. And wow. What a gem. A quirky collection of everything from agricultural tools to pioneer artifacts. I found myself staring at the old farming equipment. It's a time warp.

Day 3: Departure (and the lingering scent of… something)

  • Time: Whenever I can summon the energy to pack my bags and face the world. Probably around 9 AM?
  • Location: The Economy Inn. Forever etched in my memory.
  • Event: Check-out. I returned the key. Jim looked at me with a flicker of recognition. A silent understanding passed between us. "Safe travels," he mumbled. I think I caught a faint smile.
  • Anecdote: I left a small gratuity on the dresser for the (invisible?) cleaning crew. It's the least I could do. I had a feeling that those rooms were seriously undercleaned.
  • Quirky Observation: The lingering scent in my room. It was like a mix of air freshener, stale cigarettes, and… something else. Something vaguely floral and slightly unsettling. Mystery solved, it was the room deodoriser.
  • Emotional Reaction: Relief. Gratitude. A strange sense of nostalgia. I'd actually miss the Economy Inn, in a weird, twisted way.
  • Final Thoughts: McCook, Nebraska, isn't on everyone's bucket list. But it's a place that got under my skin. The Economy Inn was… an experience. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't luxurious. But it was real. And sometimes, that's all you need. This isn't just a hotel stay. It's a story. A slightly dusty, occasionally smelly story. But a story nonetheless. And I'll be telling it for years to come.
Bruntsfield, Edinburgh: Unveiling the Hidden Gem You NEED to Explore!

Book Now

Economy Inn McCook United States

Okay, Honestly... Is the Economy Inn McCook Actually *Good*? Like, Surprisingly Good?

Alright, deep breath. "Good" is relative, right? Let's just say the Economy Inn McCook... well, it defies expectations. You go in thinking you're gonna find a roach-infested, one-star dungeon (I've BEEN there, trust me, at other places!). But then… It's...clean-ish. Like, not sparkling clean, no. There's a certain… *character*. Maybe a smudge on the mirror, a questionable stain on the carpet that's been there since the Carter administration, but overall? Surprisingly habitable. I stayed there once after a brutal six-hour drive. The air conditioning still worked! THAT, right there, is a win. I mean, it's not the Ritz, but it's a damn sight better than sleeping in your car. And the fact that it *is* a little rough around the edges? It gives it a certain... charm. Like a grumpy old dog you can't help but love.

What's the Deal With the Free Breakfast? Spill the Beans!

The breakfast...ah, the breakfast. Prepare yourself. Okay, so, "free" is the operative word. It's not a breakfast buffet that'll make your Instagram followers jealous. Think… instant oatmeal (potentially fossilized), stale-ish donuts, sad-looking pre-packaged pastries, and the ever-present mystery juice. But! There's also usually a waffle maker! Now, the waffle maker is your ticket to salvation. It's like a tiny flickering beacon of hope in this culinary wasteland. You *can* make a waffle. And if you’re smart, you bring your own toppings - because don't expect gourmet fruit salad. I bring a small jar of my own maple syrup and a container of berries. Trust me on this one. The waffle maker... that's your MVP of the morning.

Room Amenities: What Can I Actually Expect?

Okay, let's be realistic. Expect… the essentials. A bed! (Comfort level varies. Some are surprisingly okay, some feel like plywood), a working TV (likely with cable, but maybe not every channel – I once spent a whole afternoon trying to find the History Channel), a mini-fridge (sometimes it works, sometimes it's more of a slightly-chilly box), and a bathroom. The bathroom… well, the water *usually* gets hot. The shower pressure can be… anemic. And the towels? Okay, let's just say they’ve seen better days. They *might* be a bit thin and scratchy, and could have some interesting stains. Always bring your own extra towels, ok?

Is the Wi-Fi Actually Usable? Because I Need to Work (or Binge-Watch Netflix)

The Wi-Fi… ah, the eternal Wi-Fi struggle. It's… spotty. Let’s be brutally honest - it's frequently a pain in the posterior. Sometimes it’s blazing fast, and you can happily stream all the cat videos your heart desires. Other times? Forget it. It’s slower than molasses in January. I once tried to upload a crucial presentation while staying there. It took three hours! Three agonizing hours of watching a progress bar creep across the screen at a glacial pace. My blood pressure hit dangerous levels. My advice? If you NEED reliable internet, consider tethering to your phone. Or be prepared for some serious downtime. Bring a book. Seriously. And pray to the Wi-Fi gods. (They're notoriously fickle).

What's the Vibe? Is it Creepy?

The vibe… is… unique. It’s not exactly a bustling hot spot. Think more… quiet desperation. You’ll see a mix of travelers: truckers, families on road trips, maybe the occasional lost soul. Is it creepy? Sometimes. Not *intentionally* creepy, mind you. It’s just that the lighting can be a little dim, the hallways can be a little long, and sometimes you'll hear… things. Like, late-night conversations filtering through the walls. Or, you know, the occasional mysterious thump. It’s not a place where I’d wander the halls alone at 3 AM, but I wouldn't say it's *actively* scary. More like… passively unsettling. Bring earplugs. And maybe a good book.

Are There Any Restaurants or Things to Do Nearby?

McCook, Nebraska, is… charming. In a… specific way. There are restaurants! Mostly chains and small-town diners. You'll find your usual suspects: a Subway, a McDonald's, maybe a local place serving up burgers and fries. There's also a few bars and liquor stores! For activites, you've got a limited selection. There's a park, a movie theater (that may or may not be open), and occasionally, a community event. Let's just say, if you're looking for vibrant nightlife, McCook might not be your ideal destination. But hey, it's a good place for a quiet evening, and to just be. And at the end of the day? Sometimes that's exactly what you need.

Let's Talk Parking: Is it a Nightmare?

Parking? Ha! Okay, this is the good news. Parking is *usually* plentiful. It's not like you're fighting for a spot in downtown Manhattan. You'll probably find a space right outside your door (unless someone's taken it up setting up camp). So, yeah, parking is easy. That's the simple truth.

My Single Worst/Best Experience? Give me the Lowdown!

Okay, here's a story. Once, I was staying there, it was late, I was exhausted. I'd been driving for hours. Checked in, got to my room… and the air conditioning was *broken*. Like, completely and utterly kaput. And, I was in dire need of a cold blast of air, considering it was in the middle of summer. I trudged back to the front desk (which, by the way, is staffed by some of the nicest, most genuinely helpful people you’ll meet, I swear), and explained the situation. They apologized profusely, and tried to fix it. Didn't work. They then offered me a new room: the one with the *leaking* faucet! The one I switched over to, was great... until 3 AM when the train came, and sounded like it was right inside the room. But, it could have been worse. It wasn't *ideal.* I was pretty sure the humidity was rising and the mustiness of the room just seemed to intensify. It was a night where I questioned everything. But, hey, that's part of the Economy Inn McCook experience, right? You roll with the punches. And the next morning.... well, the waffle was good.Ocean View Inn

Economy Inn McCook United States

Economy Inn McCook United States